1) Check the direction of the wind before lighting to ensure no obstacles
2) Ensure the lantern is fully extended and not creased or hanging sideways. (This is best done by holding the top of the lantern, gently lifting it a couple of feet, then dropping it sharply)
3) Air pressure will inflate the lantern
4) Hold the lantern upright, and have an assistant light the wick. After a few seconds the lantern will feel lighter, and then gradually rise.
5) Do not attempt to throw it up into the air - just guide it and let it go by itself. Then stand back and enjoy!Instructions for Use:
We want to promote the safe use of Sky Lanterns and help you to enjoy using your Sky Lanterns. Please read the 10 point check and these safety instructions thoroughly before you begin using your Sky Lanterns.
When taking into consideration these stated guidelines and following these safety instructions, Sky Lanterns are perfectly safe and a truly beautiful sight when released.
10 point Safety Check before Launching Sky Lanterns:
1. Ensure that the wind is very light - 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
2. Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, power lines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
3. If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
4. Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
5. It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
6. Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
7. Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
8. Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
9. Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
10. Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns.
The sky lantern will self-extinguish and float gently to the ground. It is 100% biodegradable and flame retardant.